Come to Willmore Language Academy!
Spanish-English-Coding Program Overview
Willmore Language Academy provides all students with the opportunity to become multilingual, multi-literate, and multicultural global citizens. Our program emphasizes and promotes the acquisition of three languages: English, Spanish and Coding. Through the partnership with Code to the Future, students have opportunities to develop their critical thinking and problem solving skills. According to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, there will be a one million job gap in computer science by 2020. Our language academy prepares for 21st century learning, as well as college and career opportunities that will lead to success in a global economy by giving students the skills that the future demands.
Dual language immersion integrates native English speaking and English language learning students in the same classroom and provides academic instruction through two languages, one of which is the primary language of each group (for example Spanish and English). The students learn a second language while they are learning content, which is very different than how most of us learned a second language. Many of us do not remember our second language, because we learned it out of context and in isolation (for example conjugating Spanish verbs). The goals and research based benefits of dual language immersion are bilingualism, biliteracy, cultural proficiency, global citizenship, academic achievement in all subject areas, 21st century skills, increased family involvement and the Seal of Biliteracy Pathway Award attainment at Kindergarten, third, fifth, and eighth grades (with the ultimate goal of the student graduating with the California Department of Education formally recognized Seal of Biliteracy on their high school diploma).
Advantages of Language Academy
- Increases levels of interest and engagement for all students
- Develops the four C’s: critical thinking, creativity, communication, and collaboration
- Provides opportunities for students to gain an interest in a growing industry
- Utilizes 1:1 Chromebooks for grades TK-5th grade
- Demonstrates knowledge across content areas through programming
- Achieves at high academic levels
- Becomes multi-literate, multilingual, and multicultural
- Affords advantages for college admission and scholarships
- Promotes respect for self, family, school, and community
- Builds leadership and self confidence
- Develops strong school and family partnerships
- Equips students with skills to be more successful in the global economy
Program/Registration Information- Enrolling Now!
Come join our Dual Language Immersion Academy tours by calling Willmore Elementary at714-895-3765. Please contact Land Child Development for Preschool registration information and questions: 714-898-8389. We look forward to showing you our Dual Language Academy and Coding Immersion programs and to see the successes of the program. See the brochures and registration information below for more information.