Dual language immersion integrates native English speaking and English language learning students in the same classroom and provides academic instruction through two languages, one of which is the primary language of each group (for example Spanish and English). The students learn a second language while they are learning content, which is very different than how most of us learned a second language. Many of us do not remember our second language, because we learned it out of context and in isolation (for example conjugating Spanish verbs). The goals and research based benefits of dual language immersion are bilingualism, biliteracy, cultural proficiency, global citizenship, academic achievement in all subject areas, 21st century skills, increased family involvement and the Seal of Biliteracy Pathway Award attainment at Kindergarten, third, fifth, and eighth grades (with the ultimate goal of the student graduating with the California Department of Education formally recognized Seal of Biliteracy on their high school diploma).
- High academic achievement
- Cross-Cultural relationships
- Respect for self, family, school and community
- Leadership and self-confidence
- Strong school and family partnerships
- Expanded career opportunities
- Skills for a global economy
- Opportunity to earn the Orange County Department of Education Pathways to Biliteracy Awards and California Seal of Biliteracy
Until August 18th, during summer hours, please contact the Office of Language Acquisition for Kindergarten registration information and questions: 714-894-7311 x1085. Please contact Land Child Development for Preschool registration information and questions: 714-898-8389. On or after August 18th, please contact Willmore Elementary for either Kindergarten or preschool by calling 714-895-3765.